Dissertation Style Files
If you decide to write your dissertation in LaTeX, you have to adhere to the USC Dissertation Guidelines. Pre-formatted LaTeX files are available at the Graduate School's Dissertation/Thesis LaTeX Guide page. Please read each of the "General Information" documents and make use of the files provided.
- LaTeX Primer. An introduction to LaTeX.
- The Not So Short Introduction to LaTeX 2e. A well-regarded introductory manuscript.
- A Short Course in LaTeX. An excerpt from a longer book called More Math into LaTeX (see examples here) by George Gratzer.
- A Guide to Latex. A printed book reference for beginners.
- For running LaTeX on your Windows machine, the best options would be to download MikTeX and use WinEdt or WinShell as an editor.
- The LaTeX Companion, Second edition. For the advanced user. At over 1000 pages, it covers everything.
- Comprehensive TeX Archive Network. The place where all contributed packages are stored. For advanced users only.