Skip to Content

College of Arts & Sciences
Department of Statistics

Program of Study and Apply for Graduation

The Program of Study (PoS) form should be sent to the Grad School for approval when you think you are about a year from being finished with your degree requirements, or earlier if there is anything unusual about your plan (special permissions, transfer courses, etc).  Use the Masters PoS form for either the MAS or the CAS program.

Everything on the PoS form is fairly self-explanatory.  Under "degree" put either "Masters" or “Certificate” as appropriate.  Under "major" put "Applied Statistics".  Leave "track" blank.  No foreign language is required.  Leave the grades blank for classes you have not yet taken – just say when you plan to take them.  If something in your plan changes after your PoS is submitted, we can file an amended PoS.

After filling in all remaining information on the form, save it to your computer, print it out and sign it.  Send it to Brian Habing for signatures (scan-n-send to or fax to 803-777-4048 is ok).  He will add memos for exceptions if needed, and send it on to the Grad school for their approval.

Once the approved PoS is on file, when you are just beginning your last semester, you must apply for graduation using the "Application for degree" form.  Please remember this application is due *very early* in the semester in which you hope to graduate.  Do not apply for MAS graduation unless you have already passed both comprehensive exams !